Friday, April 12, 2013

Discussion in writ 201.

The other day in my writing class, my teacher was talking about the different ways to write a creative non-fiction piece. She then proceeded to ask if anyone in the class had written a blog. I was the only one in the class who had and so she then asked me to describe my experience of writing one. I told her that I used it for this class as my life as a mythic detective. I then got into a heated "discussion" with another student of how everything is mythological. When people hear the word myth, they automatically think of fairy tales and the like, so they then begin to not take anything seriously. I told them that the definition of myth is the precedent behind all action, but it is sad that people really do not understand what myths actually are. I have found throughout this course, as I have examined my life, that truth is stranger than fiction. Like myths, things happen in life that almost seem too crazy to have happened. I view myths not  just as stories, but as ways to try and explain things that are difficult to comprehend. Everything is mythological, but it is sad when people do not understand that.

No comments:

Post a Comment